All the Important Facts Related To women T20
The Women’s T20 Challenge, also known as Women’s IPL, is an Indian women’s Twenty20 Cricket tournament. The 2020 ICC Women T20 World Cup is the seventh tournament. The BCCI has announced that the upcoming 2020 women T20 will be held in the United Arab Emirates between November 4 and 9. The tournament was first introduced in 2018 in Mumbai.originally, in 2020, the tournament was scheduled to commence in May 2020 in Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur coinciding with IPL playoffs.
But it was postponed due to the global coronavirus pandemic. On August 2 it was decided that the game will be held between November 1 and 10 November in the United Arab Emirates, but it clashed with IPL.
Finally, it was decided that the women T20 challenge will be held from 4 to 9 November in the Sharjah cricket stadium.
Harmanpreetkaur, smriti mandhana, and mithali raj were named as the captains of Supernovas, Trailblazers, and Velocity, respectively. In the inaugural edition, IPL Supernovas won the match by three wickets in the last over.
Overview of women T20 challenge of 2020
- Trailblazers will take on Supernovas in the last league-stage encounter of the jio women T20 challenge in Sharjah on Saturday.
- The smriti Mandhana led unit will be looking to seal their second win on the bounce to march into the finals, while Supernovas will need a win to remain in the hunt for a place in the summit clash.
- In their first game, Trailblazer dominated the proceeding against Mithali Raj and CO. to seal a clinical nine-wicket win.
- Velocity elected to bat; the Trailblazers bowling unit went on a rampage. While Jhulan Goswami set the ball rolling and went on to pick two wickets, Sophie Ecclestone, the top-ranked WT20 bowler, scalped four wickets, conceding just nine runs.
- Meanwhile, Rajeshwari Gayakwad too chipped in with two wickets as Trailblazers bowled out Velocity for 47 before Deandra Dottin, who scored 29*, and Richa Ghosh, who remained unbeaten on 13, took Trailblazers home without much fuss.
- Coming to Supernovas, the Harmanpreet Kaur-led unit lost their first game against Velocity following some fine batting display from the duo of Sushma Verma and Sune Luss at the death.
- Though, Supernovas still ticked a couple of boxes in that game, which will serve them well in the second game. While Chamari Athapaththu scored 44, Harman contributed with 31, a knock which included two of her trademark maximums.
- While a win for Trailblazers will end Supernovas hopes to reach the final, Supernovas’ victory will mean that the NRR will determine which teams will play in the finale.
Different safety measures are being taken, keeping in mind the corona pandemic. The Indians players have completed nine days of quarantine in Mumbai before flying out to UAE. After the players have reached to UAE, all players completed six days of quarantine in their hotel and tested for covid-19.
This will give safety to all the players, and their life risk will get reduced.